WHO WE ARE
Dr Maren Goerdel is the CEO and Founder of Women Leaders Global, an Executive & Leadership coaching and consulting company focused on empowering women in organisations to step up to senior leadership positions.
Dr Maren Goerdel is an internationally recognised Executive & Leadership coach and a successful Psychotherapist who works with CEOs, Executive teams and entrepreneurs worldwide. With over 15 years of intense coaching and therapy experience in the areas of Neuroscience, Human Behavioural Change, Leadership Development, Executive Performance Management, Team Dynamics & Talent Incubation, she has provided remarkable results to some of the top executives from Global Fortune 500 and ASX 20 companies.
Specifically, Maren is really committed to build a generation of women leaders who will invest in their countries and communities, provide leadership in their companies and governments, and change the way global solutions are forged.
This is because through her engagements with individuals and companies, she has found the following to be true (as outlined in the 2011 Davies report) for corporations that have a balanced ratio of male/female officers in an executive role:
- Strong growth of companies is correlated with a higher proportion of women in senior management
- 66% higher return on invested capital
- 53% greater return on equity
- 42% higher return on sales
- Strengthened governance
- Increased responsiveness to the market
- Significantly reduced insolvency risk
However, the current state of affairs is women face a number of barriers in being appointed to leadership positions:
- They are frequently overlooked for opportunities and are sponsored and mentored in a different way to men.
- They undervalue their achievements, skills and experiences. A lack in successful female role models and mentors compounds stereotypes and perceived difficulties in rising to the top.
- Women are often excluded from informal networks influential in board and executive appointments. This is compounded by the lack of transparency in selection criteria.
- Women have to abide by different rules than men. They are often hired for their achievements rather than as men for their potential (McKinsey 2011). Behaviours that are easily accepted in men get judged harshly in women, while there is a huge pressure to assimilate to the male culture in many companies.
As the world and corporations face new challenges, feminine thinking and values such as empathy, flexibility, compassion, connectedness, humility, balance, openness and reason, offer innovation and a competitive edge. Women now account for over 50% of university graduates in the USA and Europe. Tapping into this under-utilised female talent pool at senior management and board level is vital if companies are to remain competitive and respond to rapidly changing expectations and market demands.
Essentially, if organisations are seeking greater success, then this is a major challenge that needs to be addressed immediately
HOW DO WE ADDRESS THIS?
Women Leaders Global offers bespoke C-level and executive leadership coaching and consulting. Being an independent, it is not connected to any prevailing company culture, giving a more objective assessment of the strength and weaknesses. Each CEO, executive and organisation is unique, and requires a tailor-made approach for the best results. Bespoke coaching offers a highly individualised program based on a comprehensive assessment of the needs and goals, designed to reach your company, culture and leadership goals.
A CEO's leadership style directly influences the company's culture and success. All game-changing top performers, whether athletes or executives have coaches, outperforming those that don't. Are you going to be one of them?
As a senior executive, the CEO, Board and growth of the company rely on you to make and execute superior strategic choices, inspire and form cohesive teams and personally perform at the highest level.
Women Leaders Global offers bespoke coaching programs to organisations and professionals so they can achieve the following:
- For women in C-and VP- level roles:
- Experience exceptional levels of vitality, fulfilment, personal presence, resilience and assertiveness that allows them to implement their vision and build strong teams
- Use their feminine values and skills to increase the growth, influence and governance of their companies
- Understand their relationship to success and form a powerful relationship with their identity as a leader. This allows them to lead their team and company into a much larger game.
- Discover the hidden reasons they have struggled to achieve the results they want, which most CEOs who try to figure out their challenges on their own miss. Identifying these and modifying their leadership style accordingly, to increase the positive impact on their company, team and bottom line.
- Discover who they are at their core. By developing an authentic leadership style they increase their vitality, presence and influence, resulting in increased levels of achievement with fulfilment.
- Improve their leadership and communication skills at C- and VP- level by helping them overcome their blind spots and challenging behaviours and expand their vision.
- Leave their legacy while experiencing more respect, harmony and collaboration with men.
- Create intensive training and mentoring opportunities for emerging and aspiring women leaders.
- For women in executive roles:
- Develop superior confidence and presence required to reach more senior positions. Presenting their talents well and communicate in a way that they are heard.
- High performance mastery. Access and maintain peak performance states more easily.
- Develop successful strategies to deal with the specific vicissitudes of being a female leader.
- Experience exceptional levels of vitality, fulfilment, personal presence, resilience and assertiveness that allows them to implement their vision and build strong teams.
- For companies:
- Attract and retain exceptional women in senior leadership positions.
- Achieve more growth and competitiveness through a more balanced leadership style.
- Improved governance.
- Create intensive training and sponsorship opportunities for emerging and aspiring women leaders.